EMDR & Mindfulness Interventions for Anxiety, Depression, Panic, Trauma, and Other Disorders by Jamie Marich
Duration:5 Hours 50 Minutes | Format:Audio and Video
- Mindfulness and the process of healing
- 7 Mindfulness practices you can use to help clients:
- reduce anxiety
- alleviate depressed state
- control eating impulses
- manage anger/road rage/impulsive actions
- recover or develop “safer” physical & emotional sensations
- access all of the senses for optimal healing
EMDR—Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing
- How it can alleviate PTSD, anxiety, other disorders
- Assessment to determine client suitability for EMDR treatment
- Importance of stabilization before and during trauma treatment
- Overview of adaptive information processing: genetic, biological, & social origins of anxiety, depression, PTSD & other illnesses
- EMDR uses with children and adults with PTSD (veterans, rape, emotional/ sexual abuse, accident survivors) & other disorders
- 8-stage protocol of EMDR within the 3-Stage model of trauma treatment
Mindfulness Integrated with EMDR
- Easy-to-learn, mindful self-help strategies from the EMDR approach
- Latest research in neuroplasticity of the brain: correlation to disease/health/ hopelessness/happiness
- Clinical applications for:
- “normal neurotics” (including clinicians)
- challenging disorders such as anxiety, panic & eating disorders, social phobias, depression, etc.
- performance enhancement, healthier relationships, strengthened sense of self-control, heightened self-esteem, future planning, etc.
- 3-Stage Treatment Triangle: from Stabilization through Processing through Actualization
You will take home:
- Tools to help clients re-wire their brains toward health
- Strategies to implement self-help techniques from EMDR
- Neurobiology of trauma and neuroplasticity
- Importance of Stabilization in a 3-Stage Treatment Triangle
- The roll of EMDR in the 3-Stage Model
- 7+ Mindfulness Practices – for you and your clients – you can implement immediately
Watch this recording and gain a deepen understanding of both Mindfulness and EMDR. Learn how and why they can be powerful tools for healing, and with whom and when it is suitable to use each. Experience various practices of Mindfulness, and leave with skills to teach Mindfulness to your clients. Increase your knowledge of how trauma affects the brain, and how Mindfulness and EMDR can improve patient outcomes. Clinicians not trained in EMDR: gain an overview of EMDR, how and why it works. Clinicians already trained in EMDR: update your skills and enhance your ability to use Mindfulness to deepen your sessions.
Dr. Jamie Marich is not only an EMDR expert, author, speaker and practicing clinician, she is the creator of ‘Dancing Mindfulness,’ a powerful community-based practice that teaches people mindfulness principles through creative expression. She is known for her natural way of presenting the “complex” in very relatable terms that translates into you having real-life, effective tools to take back to your offices!
In addition to the seminar you will take home a manual with dozens of specific strategies along with numerous recent citations from scientific literature attesting to the efficacy of EMDR and Mindfulness.